Sunday, November 05, 2006

takes three to make a choir......

During Puncak ride last Saturday, there were two more Anthems in my group. Pictured below is my Bike-to-work fellow Reza who has just replaced his trusty Klein hardtail. He applied higher pressure, 140 Psi, in the rear shock. Competition setup, he said. I guess it would be a good transition from a hardtail user to become a full susser.

Below is another new Anthem user. I still don't know his name though....Depe said he is Azis's friend. Works for me! His riding skill is quite good, in fact he looks more like a risk taking guy rather than usual cross country boy. I wouldn't be surprised if later he decide to trade his Anthem with something beefier & longer in travel such as Giant Reign. But for now, he looks very comfortable on his Anthem.

As for myself, I still quite satisfied with my humble Anthem S. It felt sooo light, comfortable and easy to control. I still had to negotiate more if the track went a bit too rough. I'm also keeping my old Psylo Race fork. I can always increase it's travel up to 125 mm to give me more confident to eat up nasty stuff. And during a long climb, it can go down to 85 mm. It helped a lot during steady climbs like Ngehek sections. I still envy Manitou's infinite travel, but I guess I'll stick with my trusty psylo for a little while longer.


END

3 comments:

Spedaman said...

hihihi Anthem brotherhood:p

Anonymous said...

Cool blog. Nice to see mtb alive and well in Indonesia. I'm in Philippines previously in Malaysia.

Check out my blog

http://grooving-fungus.blogspot.com

Kuncen TGP_ai said...

Hi !, what about me?, I'm a proud Anthem rider too now!.
Bought it 2 weeks ago, I raced it at Puspitek event last Sunday (November 26th). I'm still amazed how the maestro works!, even I set the rear shock at comfort setting minus 5 psi.