Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Seeing Double


This was the second time I ride my Giant Trance X2 at Puncak, and to my surprise my good friend Ozy also brought his. So your eyes doesn't deceive you. Indeed there were two Giant Trance X2 parked at Warung Ade.

seeing double?

Ozy's Trance X setup is slightly different than mine. He installed Fox F120R, the OEM fork for this bike, so the front end is slightly lower than my 130mm revelation. But it's a fix travel.

ozy
However seems like the Float R rear shock didn't impressed him that much. "It's not as plush as my old Blur LT", he said. Float R has built in ProPedal capability. It's good for pedaling efficiency, but at the same time, it 's on all the time. You just can't turn it off like Fox RP3 or RP23 While you do need ProPedal for most of the Puncak's uphill, you also need to bypass it sometimes (well...most of the times..hahaha). The need to bypass this feature seem to be more important if your not a very heavy rider (Ozy's weight is about 60kg...right?). In my case, with my 75kg weight, I do notice that the Float R is not as plush as RP23 with ProPedal off. But it's not much different. I'm still consider my Trance is a very comfortable, just a tad lower than my previous Ellsworth Epiphany.
me....its me..

This ride was also special, since my other good friend Bitong was unveiling his new Blur LT. So he was another Hardtail convert... This was the perfect time to pass him on uphills, since he was still adjusting the rhythm with his new steed.

Bitong Blurred

It was the end of rainy seasons, so there were mudholes everywhere. I almost got caught in one. Luckily nobody was there to take my picture...hahaha..

mud holes - mud wrestling!

Jakarta, April 10, 2008..

4 comments:

LordOnOne said...

Two Trance X2’s, wow that’s like seeing buy one get one free on Galaxy chocolate. :-)

J said...

Hello, new friend. I am from United States and found your blog when researching Trance X2 for my wife. She says she wants Santa Cruz Juliana though. I have been riding Rocky Mountain Slayer since 2004. rides much better with Fox Talas!

Nice blog. Well written and great pictures. You have nice places to ride. Keep posting!

J said...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/silvrgti/DSC03280.jpg

Mandie said...

nice bike!