Monday, July 03, 2006

Tubeless Tire Repair...anyone?


During my visit to Nashville few weeks ago, I visited an outdoor shop called cumberland transit. It's located toward south west of the city, just nearby from two other great bike shops: Nashville Bike Co & Bike Pedlar. It also sells outdoor equipment such as camping gears, hiking, running etc. As for the bikes, they carry schwinn brands.
In there I picked up an interesting small thing: a Tubeless Tire Repair kit for MTB. The concept is no different from a common tubeless repair kit you'd find off the street here in Indonesia. But it's so small, designed for MTB tubeless tires. Furthermore, it only cost me $4 plus tax.

Frankly I didn't know what to do with it until last saturday ride at puncak got me a nearly-flat rear tire. I thought it was a bent rim or something like that. BTW, I was using Mavic Crossmax XL with Kenda Nevegal UST - a bent rim will cost me dearly. I tried to pump it using the minuscule crankbros handpump. But the tire just kept loosing its pressure.

After I got home and cleaned the bike, I pumped the tire using a floor pump. Suddenly a faint hissing sound appears. Phew! it's punctured. Not a defective rim. Now what to do? Then I remember the Tire Repair Kit. I opened it, followed the simple instruction, and VOILA!...my tire was fixed!...great stuff!!

2 comments:

Spedaman said...

asyik bgt bisa "nemu" barang yg manteb di Nashville!
btw kemarin KHS terbang dipuspitek:( ga perawan lagi deh hehehe...

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.